Supplies needed for this DIY:
- Printed copy of the Banner Flags at the bottom of this post
- Sticker Paper- I used the WL-5275 3/4 inch circles, but a full sticker sheet will work too. Also, you could use regular copy paper and some type of adhesive, as we are laminating over the whole sheet any way
- Stamps- Flag Builder, Iconic Outlines, Iconic, and Iconic Activities
- Ink Pads of your choice- I used the Versa Magic and Memento inks
- Scissors- Any paper scissors will do. These are just back up in case you don't have the punches
- Circle punch- .6 inch circle (I used a Fiskars one I bought from Joann's)
- Square punch- .5 Inch square (I have had this for years)
- Banner Flag punch- American Crafts 1" punch (Bought at Target in the scrapbooking section)
- Laminator- Scotch Thermal Laminator
- Laminating sheets- Scotch Brand
- Adhesive Magnetic Sheets- HERE are the ones I used
- Container to store your magnets in- I sorted mine into a bead storage container
- Magnetic Calendar- Similar to mine HERE
Okay, let's get this DIY started.
1- Stamp your sticker sheet with the outlines you want to use.
I chose the circle and square ones and I chose to stamp them in black and grey because I figured they would go with any color of stamp I chose to use for the icons in the center. If you don't want to outline them, skip this step and move to the next step.
2- Choose your icons and stamp them in your color choice.
I didn't end up using all of them on this project, so I just saved them and used them on a sticker sheet I ended up printing and cutting and stamping on. (Picture is at the end of this post)
3- Cut paper into strips to make it easier to punch.
4- Punch paper with coordinating punches.
I obviously punched the circle stamp with my circle punch and so on.
5- Peel and/or glue the icons to the flag color of your choosing.
I made this printable with the color scheme of the Versa Magic and Memento inks that I have. I have the whole color range and wanted the stamps to coordinate.
I chose to use the pdf of the full sheet of the banner flags because I was punching them out anyway and not needing them to be cut on my Silhouette.
This picture shows why I wanted to laminate my project. See that water spot on my red flag rendering it useless? Sigh...
6- Laminate the whole sheet and use the flag punch to punch around the flags.
This punch was so hard to use! Maybe because I was punching laminated paper :) At the very end of punching the flags, I resorted to using my scissors for the last row. My hand was numb by the end...not gonna lie.
This 1.5 inch punch HERE by American Crafts is the same thing as the one I bought from Target, so if you can't find it there, you can order it from Amazon.
Here is what they look like punched out. Also, Studio L2e made the Flag Builder Stamp set to coordinate perfectly with this punch, with some room for error on the outside. So I took a queue from them and did the same thing with my flags.
7- Cut your magnet sheet into little squares to fit on the back of the flag like pictured below.
I just eyeballed the size, enough that they will stay on the fridge when the door is constantly being opened and slammed shut by my kids.
Here is one on my calendar. The people getting the most use out of these magnets are my kids. They are so cute and simple. They know exactly what's going on for that day with the icons I choose.
Here are the Flags I printed out on sticker paper and cut on my Silhouette Cameo. I stamped them using the Flag Builder set. Some of them didn't get quite centered, but over all they turned out very cute.
I was inspired to do this DIY and printable from the posts that I saw on Studio L2e's blog for their March 2015 release HERE. Their Creative Team is so inspirational. If you are into stamping for your planner, then go follow them HERE.
Download Full Sheet Banner Flags HERE
Download studio3 Banner Flags HERE
* None of the links used in the post are affiliate links. I bought all supplies with my own money.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Because I am giving you access to the original design in the Studio 3 file, please read and consider the following:
* My Planner Envy printables are for PERSONAL USE ONLY.
*You may not re-sell, redistribute, or claim the designs as your own.
* If you post this on the internet, please give credit to My Planner Envy & link back to my blog (www.myplannerenvy.blogspot.com), so others can obtain the files from the original source.
*I will always give credit where credit is due, so in return I would like the same consideration. If my printables violate any copyright laws, please let me know and I will remove them immediately.